is live in my car.
I don’t know why. I just want the simplicity. I want the mobility. I don’t want all of this stuff that I have to store, clean, maintain. Compared to most people, I probably don’t really have that much. I live in an 880 sq ft minimalist house and drive a five year old economy hatchback. I do have a lot of books and a lot of clothes.
What I have that would be very hard to part with:
- Four large bookcases of books. An equal amount stored in my garage.
- One beautiful antique dining room table. My husband wrote all of his books on that table… I love that table.
- Other misc sentimental small objects.
- My computer and my phone
- Some of my (shamefully expensive) clothes
What I have that would be sort of hard to part with:
- My green modern sofa
- My two cool modern chairs
- My funky green TV trays
- Other miscellaneous one of a kind vintage items (vintage Playboys, cool ass lamps, 1960s black and white TV, etc)
- My StairMaster, which I got for a mere $300.
What I have that I wouldn’t miss:
- Living room chair, two ottomans, TV table
- HD flat screen TV
- Xbox 360 and expensive games
- All of my modern kitchen stuff, dishes, etc.
So, do I have the guts to have a big garage sale? I feel burdened by all of these material things that I have to keep up with, so why do I feel so anxious about getting rid of them?
Tomorrow I am going to get rid of something.